Norton is an antivirus software that scans and removes the app with harmful viruses, spyware, and other online threats. This software protects your device and your personal data from malicious sites that install ransomware. It provides real-time protection against existing and emerging malware. But, sometimes users have to uninstall the Norton Antivirus from their Mac devices in order to install the latest version of the antivirus software. Here, is the complete guide for the users to uninstall norton.com/setup antivirus software from the Mac device completely. Hence, follow the below-given procedure carefully without skipping any step.
Method 1. Uninstall Norton Antivirus From the Application
- In order to uninstall norton.com/setup antivirus for Mac, you first have to open the Norton application.
- Thereafter, go to the application folder. Here, you should double-click on the Norton application.
- After that, in the menu bar, beside the Apple icon, look for the Norton option. Hence, click on it from the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then, from the extended list of Norton, select the “Uninstall Norton” option. You will get this option from the bottom of the list.
- Now, in the Uninstall Norton Confirmation Window, you should click on the “Uninstall” option. You will get this option in the middle of the page.
- In the next window, you are required to type your administrator account name and password in the respective fields. Then, you should click on the “Install Helper” tab which is located at the bottom of the page.
- Wait for a while until the process to uninstall Norton Software is going on.
- Finally, click on the “Restart Now” option from the middle of the page.
Method 2. Uninstall Norton Antivirus For Mac With Mac Trash
- First of all, you should open the Application folder from the left of the Dock.
- Thereafter, in the application folder, you have to locate the Norton icon. Then, click on the icon to open the application.
- Subsequently, you should drag the Norton icon to Trash.
- After that, you have to delete the leftovers files. For that, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, launch the Finder window on your Mac device. Then, choose the tab Go, and select “Go to Folder” from the menu bar.
- Thereafter, you should type “~/Library in the Go to Folder box. After that, hit the enter key from your keyboard to open it up.
- Next, type “Norton” in the search box of the library folder, and select the “Library” option from there.
- Now, right-click on all the items in the list to “Move To Trash”.
- Also, you need to check all these folders mentioned below:
- /Library/Application Support/;
- /Library/ Preferences/
Hence, this completes simple steps to uninstall norton.com/setup antivirus from the Mac device. This procedure will definitely help you to uninstall Norton antivirus from your Mac device. After that, you can download the latest version of Norton antivirus on your Mac device.